Monday, December 7, 2009

Literature Reviews

Headline: Warming The Soul

Deck: “And telling a story, I suppose, is like winding a skein of spun yarn- you sometimes lose track of the beginning.”

Reviews:

“East of the sun and west of the moon.' As unfathomable as the words were, I realized I must figure them out, reason it through. For I would go to this impossible land that lay east of the sun and west of the moon.” East, a novel by Edith Pattou, is based on a Norwegian fairytale. The story is about a girl named Nyamh Rose. It tells about her journey to the land that is “East of the sun and West of the moon.” She is journeying to right the wrong and solve the problems she has caused. The retelling of this fairytale is a beautiful masterpiece. The story has a variety of characters and it is a wonderful story for all ages. It is a great book for any fairytale lover.


Do you believe in miracles? In Lurlene McDaniel’s Starry, Starry Night, there are three winter stories about young teenagers in a time of need during the the holidays. "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight . . ." Finishing the familiar children's rhyme, she asked, "Could I have a baby sister? And if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could get my parents to treat me as a truly older sister and let the new baby be the baby?" These emotional stories show the need of family and love. So if you’re not one for fairytales, this book is a great choice. It helps you to be thankful for the things you already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment